[linux-lvm] Help with redhat install

Chris Bourne cbourne at xapnet.com
Wed Aug 15 18:45:42 UTC 2001

Hello!!
         I am trying to get lvm working on redhat 7.1 with kernel
2.4.2-2. I down loaded the source rpm's 1)
lvm-iop-0.9.1_beta6-1.src.rpm   2)
lvm-iop-patchgen-0.9.1_beta6-1.src.rpm  and the base rpm 3)
lvm-base-1.1-1.i386.rpm. I did a rpm --rebuild and ran the rpm command
and all seemed to install well with no problems. The problem I did
discover is that there is no lvm dir. in /proc and the lvm-mod is
nowhere to be found. I was under the impression that kernel 2.4 has lvm
already built in. I did a insmod lvm-mod and modprobe lvm-mod and nada.
I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or if I should not be using
this version of lvm and use lvm 1.0 instaed (will it work on redhat?).
Thanks, Chris.