[no subject]

o interrogate the existing tools that created the PV to find where they put
  the PE's

o write this value into the new field.

At this point the new driver, and tools should be installed.

Should beta8 code go into the kernel ? possibly not.  I think this could cause
people a lot of trouble if they are not familiar with the issues.

Should we have made the change ? yes.  If you *do* care you can choose
to upgrade.

- Joe