Re: [linux-lvm] LVM on Redhat 7.1

> 	So how do i load this module and from where ?
This is not a real answer about modules, more of a preference thing. I don't
use LVM in module form. Not because I don't like modules, but rather because
I know that they would always be loaded in every case and all the time so
there is no need to have them as a module. I compile both LVM and Reiserfs
into the kernel so the module problems are not an issue.

I understand in somecases where you are compiling things like X, sound, and a
bunch of other things ten this might result in a kernel that is to big to fit
on a 3.5 even if you do a bzimage. I don't so my kernel fits well inside one
even as it is monolithic.

Sorry for the "issue avoidance" but some things really do deserve to be in
the kernel and IMHO LVM , RAID, and ReiserFS fit in this category.

--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications