[linux-lvm] restoring lvm cinfiguration

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Aug 21 10:40:10 UTC 2001

Hi!

This is somehow a followup to my message describing the (my) resize-error.

I took a look at vgcfgrestore, and it seams to be the right tool for me now
;-) But before I apply this to the ruins of our filesystem.... Am I right if
I suppose the /etc/lvmconf/vgname.conf to be the current configuration (so,
the wrong one after my lv-shrinking)? So that vgname.conf.1 is the previous
one, that I should restore? I need lvm to allocate the same space on the pvs as
it did before, so that I can rebuild my reiserfs with fsck.

Thank You, CU, Lars.

http://www.gmx.net