[linux-lvm] LVM, rawio, ext2?

José Luis Domingo López jdomingo at internautas.org
Thu Aug 23 20:49:05 UTC 2001

On Thursday, 23 August 2001, at 01:40:12 -0700,
David Rees wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create an ext2 filesystem over a raw io device, is this even
> possible?  (If not, skip the rest of this message! ;-)

Maybe I'm completely wrong (as usual :), but as far as I know you can
either create a filesystem over any block device (e.g. partition, md, LV,
etc.) and use it as usual, or bind a raw device to an existing block
device, and let the application (e.g. Oracle) manage space on the device
as it wants.

Greetings,

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk