[linux-lvm] Bug in the min and max macros in lvm-snap.c

Hostmaster (www) hostmaster at webworldworkshop.com
Tue Aug 28 13:57:20 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm installing the lvm_1.0.1-rc1 patch to a RedHat install (kernel 2.4.3-12).

After installing the kernel patch, the kernel build was failing on the min and max macros in lvm-snap.c.
It appears the new version changed the min and max macros in the lvm-internal.h header file to include type. However, it appears that the lvm-snap.c min and max are still using the old definition.

Since I'm not intending to use the snap functionality in the near future. I used this for quick workaround, I just added a snapmin and and snapmax macro definition in lvm-internal.h and changed the instances of min and max in the lvm-snap.c to use the new snapmin and snapmax macros. This allows the kernel to build.

Thanks,
David Lightsey