[linux-lvm] Re: HELP changing md-device's partition-type to LVM(or may be LV's partition id)

i have forgoten my mail : svetljo lycos com galia st-peter stw uni-erlangen de
i'll be tankfull for any idea write me

and one more question :

can i make a VG and LV's over LV's
the idea is replacing the linear sofware RAID with a linear LV's, but i think i'll have the same roblems that i had with the raid

the LV ( lvcreate -i3 -I4 -L26G -nMusic )

the VG -> myData /dev/hdh10 /dev/linVG1/linLV1 /dev/linVG2/linLV2

/dev/hdh10 normal partition 14G
/dev/linVG1/linLV1 -> linear LV 14G /dev/hde6 /dev/hde12
/dev/linVg2/linLV2 -> linear LV 14G /dev/hdg1 /dev/hdg5 /dev/hdg6 /dev/hdg12

Hi i couldn't change the partition's id of the RAID but i mannaged it to create the VG, LV and to format the LV
but when i try to mount the the LV mount segfaults and every try to do anything with the LV finish witth a sleep
i mean when i try to mount anything ( a partition, a CD or a LV) after the segfault of the first ' mount -t xfs /dev/myData/Music /mnt/music ' mount goes to sleep and do not do anything
vgdisplay says that the volume is activ
lvremove says that the volume is open and can not be removed do you have an idea wthat is the problem
and what can i try

the LV ( lvcreate -i3 -I4 -L26G -nMusic )

the VG -> myData /dev/hdh10 /dev/md6 /dev/md7

/dev/hdh10 normal partition 14G
/dev/md6 -> linear software RAID 14G /dev/hde6 /dev/hde12
/dev/md7 -> linear software RAID 14G /dev/hdg1 /dev/hdg5 /dev/hdg6 /dev/hdg12

the reason:

after trying BeOS, FreeBSD and useing windows , i was trying to switch complete to linux without having to repartiton all the drives( i have tree )
and lose about 30G of Data + and a new instalation ( the current Data and instalation is over a software RAID-0 other a striped LV's or to back up 30 Gigs of Data