[linux-lvm] Mandrake 8.1 and LVM

Brian J. Murrell lvm at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Dec 1 10:58:01 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:30:08AM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:

> what i'll do next is fixing mkinitrd to understand lvm root.

I have the current Mandrake Cooker mkinitrd RPM patched to know how to
do lvm root.  I actually have also made (almost) all of the changes to
the Mandrake installer to install on an lvm root.  I got stumped by
one bit of perl (my perl5 sucks) that was causing the device to be
determined as /dev/dev/volgroup/root when it came time to doing the
LILO/Grub configuration.

I have not gotten back to it yet because my perl5 is no better than it
was when I got stumped.  I do have a big fat per5 book now though.
:-)

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell