Re: [linux-lvm] Docs on PC disk partition tables?

Mark,

The lilo and fdisk code, as painful as it is, pretty well documents the PC partition table interface and has source code for an MBR to boot typical partitions from a partition table.

I have heard "The Undocumented PC" might contain this information as well, but I don't have that specific book. Might check at a library.

Good luck!

Steven Dake
High Availability Engineering
MontaVista Software, Inc.

Mark Mokryn wrote:

Does anyone know of docs describing the PC disk partition tables, MBR
format, etc?

Thanks,
-Mark