[linux-lvm] Keep snapshots active for 24 hours?

Steve Wray steve.wray at the.net.nz
Fri Dec 14 15:50:02 UTC 2001

I'd been wondering if snapshotting could be used for;

- providing 'virtual journalling' any filesystem that happens to
be on a logical volume.

- take a snapshot, install something or try something out
that might break something, then restore *directly* from
the snapshot if anything goes wrong; without having to actually
back it up to media and restore it.