[linux-lvm] invalidate: busy buffer

Wolfgang Weisselberg weissel at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 16 14:38:02 UTC 2001

Hi, Petro!

Petro (petro at auctionwatch.com) wrote 37 lines:

> vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
> invalidate: busy buffer
> invalidate: busy buffer

I have been told that these (at vgscan) are spurious and not
dangerous.

> vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
> vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
> group

This warning is non-critical, just a friendly remainder.

BTW, is there a good reason to run vgscan on boot time every
time?  I have had more sorrow than joy with that.  If my
vg's really changed, I can always run it from the (non-LVM)
/ which will come up, even if only as an emergency system.

-Wolfgang