[linux-lvm] Can someone _please_ tell me whats going on?

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Tue Dec 18 07:50:01 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 07:22 am, you wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2001, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> > Swapped controllers (was originally on the first controller with the
> >    other drive, now on the second.)
Seems strange since so many of us have not had any problems with LVM. Have
you looked at the kernel notes for any clues to your particular hardware? You
may find that some controllers/drives/PIO modes do not work together. Further
tuning with hdparam may alleviate the problem.
As for myself. I wouldn't put much that is important on a Quantum as the
quality seems to be fading. I have gone to IBM exclusively. Prices are good
and I don't know of any better drive out there for ide or scsi.
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications