[linux-lvm] Implementation questions

Colin Coe CCoe at bunnings.com.au
Tue Dec 18 22:06:02 UTC 2001

Thanks for the responses.  I didn't properly explain the problem properly.
The real problem is getting the LVM installed on to /dev/md0 where /dev/md0
is /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdc1.  I'm still trying to get the first (test) box up
and going properly.

The wishlist
- make the 2 x 20GB drives into /dev/hd[ac]1 partitioned to use the whole
disk
- make /dev/md0 (RAID1) contain both disks
- use pvcreate /dev/md0
- use vgcreate rootvg /dev/md0
- lvcreate ...
- mkfs.xfs /dev/rootvg/...

I don't mind if the setup procedure for the first (test) machine is dodgy
and convoluted, as pointed out I should be able to use Ghost or some other
method to roll the other machines out after.

TIA

CC

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1) 	This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
	information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
	read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
	If you have received this document in error, please telephone
	us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)	All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
	scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
	subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
	all parties concerned.