Re: [linux-lvm] RAID support...

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 01:33:31PM -0500, Michael O'Rourke wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
> Not that this is a show stopper, but it seems that the LVM is missing
> important capabilities such as RAID 1 & 5.  I see that you already
> support RAID 0, but that's it.  In my opinion, it makes sense to merge
> the RAID support (seperate product) with the LVM product.  Because the
> two really complement each other.

	I think the two problems are completely orthogontal and
complement eachother in much the same way as applications complement an
OS.  I question whether even RAID0 support is really necessary in LVM.
RAID should be stacked below, or above LVM, not packed inside.

Have fun (if at all possible),
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."  -- Mark Twain
-- Eric Hopper (hopper omnifarious org  http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --