[linux-lvm] RAID support...

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe Mario.Holbe at RZ.TU-Ilmenau.DE
Sat Dec 29 04:40:01 UTC 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:31:40PM -0600, Eric M. Hopper wrote:
> OS.  I question whether even RAID0 support is really necessary in LVM.
> RAID should be stacked below, or above LVM, not packed inside.

Totally agreed. There is working RAID0 code in the Software-RAID.
Why blowing up the kernel with two RAID0-code-trees...

Maybe one could 'migrate it out' - mark it as deprecated, deny
to create, but support old ones still a lot of time - something
like this.

regards,
   Mario