[linux-lvm] Re: [Cooker] trying to upgrade from mandrake 8.1 to cooker destroyed lvm

SI Reasoning sczjd at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 04:15:02 UTC 2001

vgcfgrestore segfaults:

[root at sidereal lvmconf]# vgcfgrestore -tv -n
/dev/mandrake /dev/hda3
vgcfgrestore -- locking logical volume manager
vgcfgrestore -- restoring volume group "mandrake" from
"/etc/lvmconf/mandrake.conf"
vgcfgrestore -- checking existence of
"/etc/lvmconf/mandrake.conf"
vgcfgrestore -- reading volume group data for
"mandrake" from "/etc/lvmconf/mandrake.conf"
vgcfgrestore -- reading physical volume data for
"mandrake" from "/etc/lvmconf/mandrake.conf"
Segmentation fault

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^$@#;ÛÀ[áßT
> > -ÚT -Ú
> >
> > &Àÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
> >    %d reads  %d writes
> >
> >    --- Logical extents ---
> >    LE    PV                        PE     reads
>
> > writes
> >
> > --- SI Reasoning <sczjd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > I have had lvm running on a mandrake 8.1 system.
>
> > > When
> > > I upgraded it to cooker (pre 8.2) it did not
> read
> > my
> > > lvm properly (I had /usr, /var and /home pv's in
> > the
> > > "mandrake" vg. Now it still has the lvmconf file
> > > mandrake.conf but nothing in /etc/lvmtab.d and
> > > /etc/lvmtab is a 1 kb file. Since this is a home
> > > system, I have no backups...but it still has
> info
> > > would like to keep.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to rebuild this? I am pretty new
> > > lvm.
> > > I am running lvm-0.9-3mdk. I have lvm running on
> > > fresh install of cooker on my laptop so I know
> > this
> > > version works.
> > >
> > > I still have /dev/hda3 showing as a lvm partion
> > (8e)
> > > mandrake had set them up originally as
> > > /dev/mandrake/1
> > > /dev/mandrake/2
> > > /dev/mandrake/3
> > >
> > > /etc/fstab
> > > /dev/hda1 / reiserfs notail 1 1
> > > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> > > none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
> > > /dev/mandrake/1 /home reiserfs defaults 1 2
> > > /dev/hdg /mnt/cdrom auto
> > >

> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto
> > > 0$
> > > /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto

user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,exec,codepage=850,noaut$none

=====
SI Reasoning
sczjd at yahoo.com

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin