[linux-lvm] startup scripts

Hello all,

New here.
I am trying to get my RAID working with LVM. So far so good. But I have
a couple of questions:

Where does the startup script go? I tried to put it in rc.sysinit right
after the hostname setup and tells me LVM startup is sucessful but would
not really start the VG. It fails on fsck. Then it drops me to shell and
I can manually start LVM by doing vgchange -ay (exact same way it is in
rc.sysinit) and do fsck and continue booting from there. What gives?

The other question is probably just a fluke but I couldn't create a
directory on the file system mounted on LVM. I can create files though.
But then it went away when I rebooted.

Thanks
begin:vcard
n:Mengistu;Gashaw