[linux-lvm] lvm with raid

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Wed Feb 7 13:35:13 UTC 2001

> I created /dev/md0 (raid autodetect)
> Did a pvcreate /dev/md0
> lvcreate'd partitions /usr /home /var

I think it's because of NO "LVM linux" partition ID.
Your md0 partition is "RAID Auto detect" and that's normal.
I'm not a guru of LVM, so I have no idea of what to do, but anyone out
there?
I'm interested too in this thing.
It works for me to have RAID partitions in LVM because I have a mix of hda1
+ hda2 + md0 + md1, so vgscan and vgchange works because of the "Linux LVM"
IDs on hda1 and hda2
Thanks for the GURU response.

-jec