[linux-lvm] Upgrade procedure

I am running .9.1-Beta2 right now and though I am not currently in need to upgrade I would like to know the procedure for future reference.

My questions are: Do I need to re-patch and compile the kernel for upgrading? If so then do I need to start with a clean src or can I re-patch my src?

In other words, my kernel already has a couple of other hacks patched into it. If possible I would like to just run the LVM .9.1-Beta3 patch over my kernel which was patched for Beta2 on it instead of having to dig up all the other patches I have applied in the past.

Thanks.