[linux-lvm] Newbie: Recommendations for setting up /home?

Hello,

  I'm getting ready to redo our /home filesystem. We currently
have 5 18 Gig SCSI drives on one SCSI controller. They /home1,
/home2, etc. I want to convert this to /home using LVM. Are
there any recommendations for partitioning, etc, to keep the
throughput as large as possible? Will I be limited because
of the one SCSI bus (can't afford a RAID controller right now).

TIA,

Jeff Layton