[linux-lvm] Using symlink as PV name fails

Hi there,

If I pvcreate a symlink, the pvcreate fails:

  # pvcreate /dev/sdb1
  pvcreate -- device "/dev/sdb1" doesn't exist

  # ls -l /dev/sdb1
  lr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root           34 Feb 12 13:24 /dev/sdb1 -> scsi/host0/bus0/target4/lun0/part1

This actually happens a lot in devfs systems. I think it might have to
do something with the fact that the code that checks the PV name in
/proc/partitions, does not take the fact that the PV name is a symlink
into account...

++Jos

--
I have no need for a spirituality which can not encompass my humanness.