Re: [linux-lvm] LVM with devfs questions and patches

Benoit Gaussen wrote:

> I have another little question, I read the recent thread concerning the
> startup scripts, and the fact to put vgscan in them. But when the startup
> script is launched, the file system is mounted read only and since vgscan
> updates the /etc/lvmtab files, it fails...  or maybe I missed something ?

I solved this on my RH system by putting vgscan and vgcreate in
/etc/rc.sysconfig _after_ root filesystem is remounted rw and before the
filesystem checks. I also had to move the swapon command, because I swap
to an lv.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs		| Tel:	+49 (0)241 413 260
QIS Systemhaus GmbH	| Fax:	+49 (0)241 413 2640