[linux-lvm] LVM don't work anymore (wrong version?)

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Fri Feb 16 07:41:53 UTC 2001

> Try running 'pvdata -U' on each of the PV's, and see if there
> are empty
> UUID slots on some of them.  This is a bug with the old LVM tools.  If

I have 13 slots and the 13th is EMPTY. Is that what you mean?

> this is true, you can try to comment out the section in
> pv_read_all_pv_of_vg
> which verifies the UUIDs (starts like "if (uuids) {"), and try vgscan
> again.

I did it and vgscan output nothing about Volume Groups!
Output of debug vgscan is attached.

Here is the output of a vgchange:
[root at fatboy 0.9.1_beta4]# echo -ne "NOTSURE_HDX\0" > /etc/lvmtab
[root at fatboy 0.9.1_beta4]# vgchange -ay
vgchange -- ERROR: physical volume "/dev/hdc9" of volume group "NOTSURE_HDX"
is inconsistent
vgchange -- run vgscan

FYI, I have hda1, hda5->hda10 + hdc1, hdc5->hdc10 in the VG NOTSURE_HDX.
hdc9 seems broken, but why? And how to restore?

What do you think?
I'm in big trouble no?

Bye
-jec