[linux-lvm] lvm -- lvm_blk_ioctl: Unknown Command 21264

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Sat Feb 17 00:16:21 UTC 2001

B. ten Berge writes:
> The output comes from dmesg. Does anyone know whether this is a problem --
> unkown command 21264 -- and if not, how do I remove this entry ?
>
> devfs: devfs_register(): existing non-device/file entry: "root"
> devfs: devfs_register(): device already registered: "group"

The devfs errors should be disappearing from LVM soon, if they haven't
already.

> lvm -- lvm_blk_ioctl: unknown command 21264

If you convert this to hex (which the lvm.c driver should do), then it is
0x5310, which happens to be "CDROMMULTISESSION" ioctl (or possibly a SCSI
ioctl).  This is probably being called by one of the user tools.

You can find which one is doing this by running each command like:

strace <command>

and it should tell you which one is calling ioctl with this number.
The fault does not lie with LVM, except maybe that it prints an error
message for an unknown ioctl.

Cheers, Andreas