[linux-lvm] lvm on a brand-new server

hugang linuxbest_hugang at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 01:14:28 UTC 2001

	I thinks your can do it in folowing :

	1: Use the hardware RAID controller to make mirror .

	2: <Install Linux .	>
		( Your will Can see ONE DISK , Create a partion in it ( < 800MB ),And install a linux in it )

	3: Install LVM and reiserfs patch and software.

	4: <MOVE system to LVM>
		Create  the other partition with LVM ,mkreiserfs ,copy all system to it .

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm just starting out learning about lvm and I have a couple questions.
>
>First, a description of the machine:
>
>Compaq DL380 933 MHz PIII (rack-mount) w/ 640 MB RAM and (2) 18 GB SCSI
>disks. The machine has Compaq's built-in hardware RAID controller. My plan
>is to mirror the two disks using RAID.
>
>I'd like to use LVM (and likely ReiserFS) on this box, but I'm not sure how
>to get it installed on a bare system. I'll likely be using Debian on this
>system.
>
>Can anyone suggest a basic outline of the process? I'm certain there's a lot
>more reading to do, but I'm not sure where to start. (I have looked over the
>LVM How-to and the FAQ.)
>
>-Tim
>
>--
>Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
>Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/
>W. St. Paul, MN |                              | http://slashdot.org/
>wilson at visi.com |   <dtml-var pithy_quote>     | http://linux.com/

                       Hu  Gang