[linux-lvm] Possible to raise Max LV?

Hi,
  I'm hoping to use LVM with my hardware RAID array so I can take snapshots
of the filesystem for backups.  What I'm worried about is that my current
array is 240GB, so the next drive I add will take it over 256GB which (if
I'm reading the HOWTO correctly) means that I won't be able to use LVM
anymore (since it's being presented as one drive).  Is there someway to
get around the 256GB limit (or did I misunderstand this completely? :-)
...thnx,
...dave alden