Re: [linux-lvm] Possible to raise Max LV?

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:55:05PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

>So says the guy from a company called "Big Storage" ;-).  However, I've
>seen several people who make multiple partitions on a single disk, and
>then turn these into PVs (don't ask me why),

easy way to convert an existing single-disk installation to LVM. make
the free space (hope you've got some) into a PV, create LVs, move over
your filesystem mountpoint by mountpoint and make the old partitions
into PVs as you go so you don't run out of disk. i was seriously
considering going that way myself.

then again, i was also considering creating two VGs, one for "user" data
and one for "system" stuff. now, i'm trying to figure out what i thought
the point of this was, maybe something about possible future migrations
to multispindle systems.

--
   PGP/GnuPG key (ID 1024D/BFE0D6D0) available from keyservers everywhere

       "Everything I am today, I owe to people whom it is now too late
                                   to punish."