[lvm-devel] Re: [linux-lvm] LVM 0.9 vgscan problem

Chris Mason mason at suse.com
Fri Jan 5 15:22:48 UTC 2001

On Friday, January 05, 2001 01:10:22 PM -0200 Rik van Riel
<riel at conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
>
>> Rik, nobody was "sitting" on bugfixes. It just got fixed
>> recently and still needed some testing before making it into
>> 2.4.0.
>
> Ahh I see...
>
>> As I stated in my other email: Andrea Arcangeli's help to
>> integrate 0.9 into 2.4.0 brought it in. TTBOMK there was no
>> previous negotiation about 0.9 inclusion in 2.4.0 with us
>> before :-(
>
> OUCH ... so LVM 0.9 got pushed into the kernel before you
> had a chance to do some serious testing ? ;(

Yes and no.  I asked Heinz what was needed to include 0.9 on the next suse
release.  He gave me a short list of the known huge bugs, I fixed them and
sent the patches along to andrea.  Andrea picked up my merging patch into
his tree, but I wasn't clear enough about the bug fix patch and it was
missed.

And, I missed that it didn't get into the kernel until it was too late
(sorry Heinz).

-chris