Re: [linux-lvm] Help: ERROR -154

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 09:41:32PM +0100, lars bensmann epost de wrote:
> when running vgscan I get the following error message:
>
> vgscan -- ERROR -154: can't get data of volume group "part" from physical
> volume(s)
> vgscan -- ERROR -154 creating "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"

sorry for posting to the list and then finding the answer in the archives.

I tried to run vgcfgrestore before posting to the list, but I didn't know
that "/etc/lvmtab" does not exist was not a feature, but a bug. After
touching it and mkdir'ing /etc/lvmtab.d/ it worked OK, although it gave an
error on the first run about not being able to insert the VG into
/etc/lvmtab. But that went away on the second run.

Thanks for LVM which worked perfectly for me (until now :-),
Lars

--
I consume, therefore I am