[linux-lvm] vgextend segfaults reprise

wim bakker wim at comned.com
Thu Jan 25 00:37:58 UTC 2001

Thanks for the answers, yes I didn't apply patches to the
2.4.0
and 2.4.1-pre10 kernel, I hadn't read the README in the
PATCHES directory because I thought lvm support in the
kernel meant I didn't had to apply patches, but that was a
mistake on my side
All works very fine now, I have now a 174G gv consisting of
4 pv's , all assigned to one lv (sounds cool) I made
reiserfs on it when I had created the lv for the first time
(only one pv in the vg) , made filesystem with reiserfs and
one by one I added the other pv's using vgextend and
lvextend and resize_reiserfs and it worked out great, no
problems, great!!!
wim bakker
ComNed Netwerken BV
31 20 4350025