Re: [linux-lvm] RedHat 7.0?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 12:15:06PM -0700, Erick Calder wrote:
> I've searched through the archives but have not found anyone else
> using Redhat 7.0 (Guiness) with LVM.  I've found a thread about 7.1
> (Seawolf) but that uses the 2.4.2 kernel and I'm running the 2.2.19
> kernel.
> I found the RPMs on the site but they are for 6.2 (Zoot)... does
> anyone know whether I can use the 6.2 RPMs on 7.0?  if not, are there
> RPMs for 7.0 that I could use?
> alternatively, has anyone compiled from the tarball and successfully
> used LVM on my platform?

	I'm using RH Linux 7.0.  I got it compiled into the kernel,
though it was a bit of a chore as I recall.  I had to disable the
software RAID subsystem completely to make it work.

	When the 2.4 kernel came out, I eventually switched to it, and
just compiled a raw kernel, not an RH patched one.  It worked fine, and
I'm still running it.

Have fun (if at all possible),
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."  -- Mark Twain
-- Eric Hopper (hopper omnifarious org  http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --