[linux-lvm] LVM on Redhat 2.4.3-12 Kernel

gerry at dorfam.ca gerry at dorfam.ca
Tue Jul 3 21:13:57 UTC 2001

I never could get LVM working on the 2.2.19 Redhat kernel.  I had to
download the generic 2.2.19 kernel from kernel.org and then patch it.
Those same patches didn't work on RH's kernel.

I have now upgraded from RH 7.0 to 7.1 and compiled LVM statically in the
2.4.3-12 kernel that came with RH 7.1.  When I boot using this kernel LVM
doesn't work.  It still works if I go back to the 2.2.19 kernel.

My questions....
1. will LVM actually work with RH's 2.4.3-12 kernel?
2. does this kernel have to be patched?
3. do I just need updated LVM software?

In other words, how do I get this going under the new kernel???

Thanks!  Gerry

--
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne."   Geoffrey Chaucer