Re: [linux-lvm] Upgrade path

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 04:42:53PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> > I announced the holdup caused by the misalignment bugs we found.
> > We'll need to release another Beta ASAP to get test feedback on that.
>
> I saw that, but there seems to have been a consensus on a fix
> for that for over a week now already.

Fixing it isn't the problem, ensuring people with existing VG's can
use the new driver/tools *is* the problem.  The pe positions weren't
being stored in the metadata before beta8 :( So we have to upgrade
peoples VG's.  I understand that Heinz has written the upgrade tool,
but I'm not sure how much testing he wants before we release.

- Joe