[linux-lvm] pb with pvcreate and partition tables

Julien Baboud julien at atix.de
Tue Jul 24 06:15:25 UTC 2001

hi,

 I use LVM with the 0.9 beta 7 on a SuSE 7.1 distrib and
 i've encoutered a pb with pvcreate on a partition that is set to the
LVM type (and was another type before, which is the source of the pb).
Here is
the output of the command i used :

 %pvcreate /dev/hda16

 pvcreate -- device "/dev/hda16" has a partition table
 pvcreate [-d|--debug] [-f[f]|--force [--force]] [-h|--help] [-y|--yes]
         [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] PhysicalVolume
[PhysicalVolume...]

and the -f option show me the same output.

 I don't know if it's a pb with LVM or with fdisk wich i use to set the
type of the partitions, but i would appreciate if any could tell me a
solution to correct this.

 tanx.
 julien, for ATIX

 join the LVM Republic