Re: [linux-lvm] Logical Volume file system

On Wednesday, 25 July 2001, at 16:26:35 +0200,
Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Julien Baboud wrote:
> >  This information isn't displayed in the output of the 'lvdisplay'
> > command :(
>
> The LV itself really doesn't care what you put on it, it does not even
> need to be a filesystem.

Does it mean that applications can use a LV as a "raw device" ?.

I've been searching through many places about Linux kernel 2.4.x support
for raw devices, and found nothing specific.

Is raw devices support 2.5.x material, or is it possible with 2.4.x ?

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk