[linux-lvm] LILO configuration for LVM "boot" filesystem

Brian J. Murrell lvm at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jun 4 08:07:50 UTC 2001

I know this is starting to become a LILO issue but I think that the
problem I have is really got to do with LILO and it's interacting with
LVM.  I have applied Andreas' patch, thanks Andreas.

When I try to boot with the LVM disk I get "LI" and that is it.  The
LILO docs say this about "LI":

This means the first-stage loader gained control; it thought it success-
fully loaded the second-stage loader; but it never got there.  This most
often occurs when the second-stage loader, '/boot/boot.b', is not load-
able using the BIOS.

Which would suggest to me that the mapping is not making it through
LVM correct me.  But I don't really know that much about how LILO
really works with the underlying device.

My current lilo.conf is:

boot=/dev/hdg
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
vga=780
default=linux
keytable=/boot/us.klt
lba32
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message

image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label=linux
    root=/dev/system/root
    initrd=/boot/initrd-lvm-2.4.5-1.1mdk.gz
    append=" hda=ide-scsi devfs=mount video=matrox:vesa:263"
    read-only

Anyone got any ideas or run into this before?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell