Re: [linux-lvm] Re: another nice feature for packagers ...

It would be nice if --prefix worked consistently for the new release.
Until some final kinks in devfs get worked over keeping the VG's out of
/dev without having to hack the source code would be helpful.

Care to explain further? I don't know what you're talking about here. --prefix works fine for me in all cases.

Try:

./configure --prefix=/lvm;

build and install everything. Notice where the vgXX directories go: /dev,
not /lvm. None of the configure switches (last time I compiled) were able
to keep the vg's out of devfs's clutches w/o hacking a #define in the code.
As a temporary fix until all the devfs glitches are worked out (some not lvm
related) it'd be nice to avoid problems.