[linux-lvm] e2fsck error

hail narcissus gene_yee at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:02:52 UTC 2001

I am trying to resize my ext2 fs but I get an error from ext2resize:

ext2resize: ext2_open: filesystem has errors! e2fsck first!
ext2resize: can't open /dev/junior/site

At this point I do did a 'umount /dev/junior/site'
Then I do a 'e2fsck -fyv /dev/junior/site &'

It returns this:

Group 3125's block bitmap at 102400000 conflicts with some other fs block.
Relocate? yes

Group 3125's inode bitmap at 102400001 conflicts with some other fs block.
Relocate? yes

It finds other errors which I believe it fixes but not the above error.  If
I re-run e2fsck then it comes up with the above error again.

Thanks!!