[linux-lvm] Hardlock and volume loss ?

Kirth kirth at hole.org
Wed Mar 14 13:51:08 UTC 2001

I was using 0.9 originally when the machine hardlocked
I then upgraded to CVS after reading the mailing lists, this didnt help
I spoke to Hans who said go back to original 0.9 and try rebooting
and just running vgchange -a y (which fixed my problem, well at least
allows me to mount the drive, vgscan etc... still reset the UUID's)

I would like to fix the problem fully, so I can carry on using the LVM and
expand it, but at least right now I can copy the data off the drive.

Regards
Richard