[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.x with LVM beta 6 on Sun E450?

Hello all,

I am trying to setup a Sun E450 with Linux kernel 2.4.x and LVM beta 6,
but there are a number of difficulties.

With kernel 2.4.2 "make menuconfig" doesn't work.  No problem,
now I'm using v2.4.3-pre3 and this is running fine.

LVM 0.9.1 beta 6 patches cleanly agains -pre3.  So far so good.

The problem is that I'm trying to apply Patrick Caulfield's ioctl32.c
patch, which doesn't apply cleanly to -pre3 (at least on my box).
Applying the patch by hand results in a failed compile.

This might be caused by the fact that I pulled the patch of the web,
since I wasn't subscribed to linux-lvm at the time.

Any success stories on Ultrasparc with 2.4.x and LVM are welcome...

-Dave

--
Dave Wapstra
dave xs4all nl