[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.x with LVM beta 6 on Sun E450?

Dave Wapstra dave at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 18 22:28:31 UTC 2001

On 18 March, 2001 at 15:30:08 -0600, Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com> wrote:

> > Thanks, but this is a non-X box. It is probably worth trying to use the
> > .config of -pre3 with 2.4.2 and use the beta6 plus ioctl patches to try
> > and get this thing to compile correctly.
> >
> > I'll just give that a try...
>
> or just "make config".  takes a while but doesn't depend on any
> fancy display system.

Did that indeed. I copied the .config from -pre3 and used the good old
"make config" and the enter key ;)

I got the ioctl32 patch once again via the web mail-archive and did a
"s/       /^V<tab>/g" to get a correct format.

Now I've got a running system with 2.4.2 and LVM-0.9.1-beta 6 including
the ioctl32 patch!

I just created a 16 Gig (2x8) VG/LV and it looks fine.

Now I can start playing around to see how stable the system really is.

-Dave

--
Dave Wapstra
dave at xs4all.nl