[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.x with LVM beta 6 on Sun E450?

Patrick Caulfield caulfield at sistina.com
Mon Mar 19 13:30:55 UTC 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 11:28:31PM +0100, Dave Wapstra wrote:
> On 18 March, 2001 at 15:30:08 -0600, Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, but this is a non-X box. It is probably worth trying to use the
> > > .config of -pre3 with 2.4.2 and use the beta6 plus ioctl patches to try
> > > and get this thing to compile correctly.
> > >
> > > I'll just give that a try...
> >
> > or just "make config".  takes a while but doesn't depend on any
> > fancy display system.
>
> Did that indeed. I copied the .config from -pre3 and used the good old
> "make config" and the enter key ;)
>
> I got the ioctl32 patch once again via the web mail-archive and did a
> "s/       /^V<tab>/g" to get a correct format.

You can get the file from Dave Miller's CVS tree at
:pserver:cvs at vger.samba.org:/vger

Or I'll post the whole file here if anyone really needs it - it doesn't change
much!

That patch was created against Dave's tree (so he could integrate it) rather
than the Linus kernels - that might have made a difference but I don't think so.

patrick