[linux-lvm] Re: [catch22] lvm vs reiserfs

josv at osp.nl josv at osp.nl
Fri Mar 23 08:51:33 UTC 2001

Snapshots are by their very nature read-only animals. Their internal
organisation is such that they can not easily be written to.
Mounting it readonly informs the file system of this fact.

It seems from the output that the ReiserFS code wants to replay
the journal, which leads me to believe that the file system was
not properly sync'ed before the snapshot was taken. Maybe the
VFS_lock patch needs to be updated?

++Jos