RE: [linux-lvm] odd problem

howdy,

i'm almost positive (i know... famous last words) that they are up to
date, because the same kernel boots with a different root.

i lost some files in /etc/ due to stupidity and had to restore them (the
wonders of ext2 file undeletion by hand!) but i ran vgck to check volumes
and it seems fine.  i even copied all of /etc/ over from the working linux
root partition to the non-working logical volume and that didn't seem to
help.  i've run fsck on it to no avail.

happy to provide addl info.  i'm going to double check that the patches
are on the kernel and the kernel is recompiled and the initrd is right and
the user tools are right.

todd underwood
chief technology officer
oso grande technologies, inc.