[linux-lvm] Upgrading from beta 6 to beta 7

Rupert Heesom raheesom at navpoint.com
Mon May 7 22:42:29 UTC 2001

Guys:

I've currently got lvm beta6 RPMs installed on my PC, although I only
have test vols in place.

I think I ought to upgrade to beta 7 since there are now RPMs available.
My question is in regard to patching the kernel.  I assume that I just
run the beta 7 patch onto the source which had the beta 6 patch applied.

When then compiling the source to get the updated LVM module, do I need
to recompile the whole kernel & put that in place first as well as
compiling & installing the modules, or do I just need to compile the
modules, and install (make modules; make modules_install) ?

--
regs
rupert