[linux-lvm] Patching my kernel.

Joe Thornber thornber at btconnect.com
Wed May 9 08:29:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:51:10AM +0200, Luca Berra wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 07:11:14PM -0400, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> > I had previously patched the kernel (stock 2.4.3) with the beta 6 patch.
> >
> > Now I'm trying to update to beta 7.  I tried patching the kernel is
> > exactly the same way as before (maybe a mistake).  Most of the output is
> > pasted in here (at the end).  I'm concerned about the prompts I got -
> >
> > "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]"
> are you starting with a clean kernel or with the kernel you previously
> patched with b6?
> the former is the correvt approach,
> the latter....

The problem is that the patches mentioned in the fragments file
(LVM/PATCHES/fragments-*) for your kernel should only be applied once.
So either do as Luca says and go back to a clean kernel.  Or just
empty the fragments file (do not delete it, and do keep a back up in
case you go back to a clean kernel at some point).

- Joe