Re: [linux-lvm] LVM 1.0 release decision

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 03:53:11PM +0000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> In regard to this situation we'ld like to know about your oppinion on the
> following request:
> is it acceptable to release 1.0 soon *before* all patches to reach the 1.0
> code status are in vanilla (presumed that we provide them with our release as
> we always did before)?

My stance would be to do a pre-release of the to-be-1.0 code. Reasons:

- as you said, it would be good for the user base
- OTOH I would expect the lvm code in the kernel to become a bit
  different from what you have now as a matter of the code review.

> Thanks for your support!

Thanks for LVM :-)

Greetings

	Torsten