[linux-lvm] LVM 1.0 release decision

Rik van Riel riel at conectiva.com.br
Sun May 13 23:48:19 UTC 2001

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Steven Lembark wrote:

> for my part running the system i'd rather have the "production"
> LVM and kernel releases in sync and not have to worry about it.
> if i need a beta/inter-version release then i'll deal with the
> extra issues.

Agreed.  If the in-kernel LVM cannot be trusted, I really
don't see why Sistina would ever want to associate its name
with something broken?

I think it would be better for everyone (users, Sistina's
corporate image and Linux) to get something stable into the
kernel before sending out the press release ;)

(after all, a version number change is just a one-liner patch
away ;))

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/