Re: [linux-lvm] RE: Problem adding pv to vg

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 07:01:44AM -0600, fox theendoftime net wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Turns out a reboot fixed this problem.  I didn't think to run with debug,
> but if this occurs again, I will do that.

In that case it could have been the partition table update. Did you run fdisk
just before the pvcreate ?

If you get the message "device is busy" when leaving fdisk then a reboot is
usually needed to get the kernel to re-read the new partition table.

patrick