Re: [linux-lvm] main drive fail

Thomas Inglis wrote:

> Thomas, Did you restore the lvm related entries in /etc ?
> Well, using
>    vgcfgrestore -nlvmGroup /dev/hdb1         (thx Dominque)
> says that /etc/lvmconf/lvmGroup.conf doesnt exists, backup not available.

You are not supposed to loose these files .... aie ;-(
As I understand, there is a copy of this info. on every phys. volume.
But it seems no utility exist for restoring this info. into
/etc/lvmconf/...

What does pvscan give you ?

And I did not understand if you also want to recover the
data in the volume group lvmGroup ? (it would be simpler if not ...)

DL

--
Dominique Larchey
LORIA, Nancy, France